Hello, everybody! We wanted to post something today because today is Hazel Tree’s 9th anniversary! We can’t believe it’s been nine years already, but as the saying goes, “Time flies when you’re having fun!”
When we opened in 2010, it was just the two of us, me (Karen Starr) and my husband, Jon Haidet. Nine years later, we are now a team of five! Jon and I are so incredibly grateful for our employees, Sophie Franchi, Steve Brightman and Kevin Richards, who help us grow in new and exciting ways and keep it fun over here. (You guys rock! Love you, work fam!)
Nine years in business wouldn’t have been possible without our community’s support, our wonderful design and framing clients, and the amazing network of artists and makers we love and support and who return that love and support to us. Thank you all for digging what we do. We appreciate you so very much.
We feel this anniversary deserves a celebration so we are excited to throw another party - it’s been way too long since we’ve had a big gathering here! We would love for you to join us! The party will be held on Saturday, July 27th, from 3-8 pm at our showroom located at 143 W. Market St. Akron, OH 44303.
Festivities will include:
- Lots of new artwork for sale, by dozens of Northeast Ohio artists
- John Sokol and Bret Hines Pop-up Art Show
- "Akron Tree" Sculpture Artist Talk by Michael Marras at 5 pm
- Music by DJ Forrest Getem Gump, 3:30-7:30pm
- Basement Clear-out Sale: tile, architectural artifacts, random things I purchased over the years
- Food from West Hill and nearby restaurants throughout the day
- Festivities inside the studio and outside in Hazel Tree’s gardens.
To RSVP, please see our facebook event:
We hope to see you there! Thank you again for nine years of support!
You’re the best,
Karen (and the Hazel Tree Team)